My reaction to non rowers complaining about getting up for 8 AM classes
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
Best Physical Description of Rowing
"The action of changing the direction of one’s body movement and hitting a dime moving 10 mph in relation to yourself 230 times in a row using an 11 1.2 ft. pole (or two 10ft. poles) in the wind, perfectly on time while sitting on an unstable platform and exhausting yourself is really quite a feat. This takes emphasis by the coach and a lot of practice by the rower and it’s no wonder not a lot of rowers can really do it well."
- “Norm”, on a Rowing Illustrated forum
dog goes woof
cat goes meow
i wipe my brow and i sweat my rust
cow goes moo